NDM7991 Debate: Human Rights
NDM7991 Lesley Griffiths (Wrexham)
To propose that the Senedd:
1. Notes the Welsh Government’s commitment to strengthen and advance human rights, equality and the protection of minority communities in Wales.
2. Notes with grave concern the repeated moves by the UK Government to erode human rights.
3. Believes that UK Government proposals to repeal the Human Rights Act risks undermining key protections for citizens and raises significant constitutional issues.
4. Believes the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill undermines the rights of minority communities and jeopardises the right of lawful and peaceful protests.
5. Agrees with the United Nations Special Rapporteur that the Nationality and Borders Bill would seriously undermine the protection of human rights and lead to serious human rights violations.
6. Calls on the UK Government to reverse its regressive approach on Human Rights and the resulting constitutional violations.
Sian Gwenllian (Arfon)
Reason considered: Government Business;
Type: For information
First published: 26/04/2022