NDM7871 Welsh Conservatives debate
NDM7871 Darren Millar (Clwyd West)
To propose that the Senedd:
1. Supports the COVID-19 Bereaved Families for Justice Cymru campaign for a Wales-specific public inquiry into the Welsh Government’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Welcomes the calls of the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales for a Wales-specific COVID-19 inquiry.
3. Notes that a judge-led COVID-19 inquiry will be established by the end of the year in Scotland.
4. Calls upon the Welsh Government to commission an independent public inquiry into the COVID-19 pandemic in Wales.
The following amendment has been tabled:
Amendment 1. Lesley Griffiths (Wrexham)
Delete all and replace with:
To propose that the Senedd
a) the First Minister’s meetings with members of the COVID-19 Bereaved Families for Justice Cymru group;
b) the UK-wide inquiry into pandemic, which will look at decisions made and actions taken by and in all four nations;
c) that a judge-led COVID-19 inquiry will be established by the end of the year in Scotland.
2. Welcomes assurances made by the Prime Minister that the UK inquiry will include a proper Welsh dimension.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 27/01/2022