Forestry and woodland policy in Wales
The Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee carried out an inquiry in order to assess the Welsh Government's delivery of its Woodlands for Wales strategy in terms of the four themes set out in the strategy. These are:
- responding to climate change – coping with climate change and helping reduce our carbon footprint
- woodlands for people – serving local needs for health, education and jobs
- a competitive and integrated forest sector – innovative, skilled industries supplying renewable products from Wales
- environmental quality – making a positive contribution to biodiversity, landscapes and heritage, and reducing other environmental pressures.
The Committee published its report: Branching out: a new ambition for woodland policies (PDF 1012 KB) on 28 July 2017.
The Committee also published a summary report:
The Welsh Government responded (PDF 239KB) on 20 September 2017.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 17/02/2017
- Report PDF 1012 KB
- Summary report PDF 3 MB
- Welsh Government Response (PDF 239KB)
- Correspondence from CLA Cymru: invitation to Committee Members - 6 March 2017 PDF 198 KB
- Forestry and woodland policy in Wales (completed)