Inquiry into Marine Protected Areas in Wales
The Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee carried out this inquiry in order to:
- assess the management of Welsh marine protected areas with a view to identifying opportunities to maximise the economic, social, environmental and cultural benefits that can be derived from them.
- understand what the implications of leaving the European Union will be for marine protected areas and to identify any issues that will need to be addressed during the exit process.
The Committee received written evidence from stakeholders and these have been published.
The Committee held evidence sessions with stakeholders to inform its work on 1 February 2017, 30 March 2017 and 5 April 2017. On 14 June 2017, the Committee took evidence from the Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs.
The Committee published its report: Turning the tide? Report of the inquiry into the Welsh Government’s approach to Marine Protected Area management (PDF 1MB) on 7 August 2017. The Welsh Government responded (PDF 195KB) on 3 October 2017.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 16/12/2016
- Correspondence from the Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs - 06 September 2018 PDF 2 MB
- Correspondence from Committee Chair - 03 October 2017 PDF 182 KB
- Welsh Government Response
- Committee Report - Turning the tide?
- Gohebiaeth gan Gyfoeth Naturiol Cymru (Saesneg yn unig) - 20 Gorffennaf 2017 PDF 806 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority – 8 March 2017 PDF 68 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to the Chief Executive Officer, Pembrokeshire Coastal Forum – 8 March 2017 PDF 66 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to the Chair of Pembrokeshire Coastal Forum – 8 March 2017 PDF 66 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to Pembrokeshire County Council - 8 March 2017 PDF 66 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to the Head of Marine and Fisheries Division, Welsh Government – 8 March 2017 PDF 59 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to the Pembrokeshire Marine Special Area of Conservation – 8 March 2017 PDF 59 KB