UK-Australia Free Trade Agreement
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Friday, 21 January 2022 to Friday, 18 February 2022
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- FTA01 - Federation of Small Businesses Cymru PDF 562 KB View as HTML (1) 46 KB
- FTA02 - Farmers’ Union of Wales PDF 215 KB
- FTA03 - Make UK PDF 319 KB
- FTA04 - National Farmers' Union Cymru PDF 959 KB
- FTA05 - RSPCA Cymru PDF 315 KB
- FTA06 - Four Paws PDF 985 KB
- FTA07 - Welsh Local Government Association PDF 252 KB View as HTML (7) 32 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs Committee is gathering views on The UK-Australia Free Trade Agreement
Purpose of the Consultation
On 16 December 2021, the UK and Australian governments signed the UK-Australia Free Trade Agreement following an Agreement in Principle reached in June 2021. This is the first trade deal the UK has negotiated and finalised from scratch since the UK left the European Union.
The Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs Committee will scrutinise the UK-Australia Free Trade Agreement. The Committee is looking for stakeholder views on the Agreement and its likely impact on Wales. The Committee is particularly interested in hearing about the economic, environmental and social impacts of the Agreement
How to share your views
The Committee would welcome your views on any or all of the issues covered in the terms of reference, and in particular on the following questions:
- How will this Agreement impact you, your business or your organisation?
- What is the likely impact of the agreement on the economy and specific sectors in Wales?
- What are the likely social and environmental impacts of the Agreement?
- What are the likely impacts of the Agreement’s provisions on trade in agricultural products on the agricultural and food sector in Wales?
- What support will your business or organisation need from the Welsh and UK governments to respond to and prepare for the implementation of the Agreement?
The deadline for submissions to this inquiry is 18 February 2022
For clarity, there is no designated form for submissions. To share your views electronically, please send to SeneddEconomy@Senedd.Wales, or by post to Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs Committee, Welsh Parliament, Cardiff, CF99 1SN
If you have any questions or would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Providing Written Evidence
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Economy, Trade, and Rural Affairs Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565