Priorities for the Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Friday, 30 July 2021 to Friday, 10 September 2021
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Purpose of the consultation
The Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee (“the Committee”) has been set up by the Senedd to look at policy and legislation, and to hold the Welsh Government to account in specific areas. These areas include climate change policy, the environment, energy, planning, transport, and connectivity.
Purpose of the consultation
The Committee will be setting its priorities for the Sixth Senedd (2021-2026) early in the autumn term. In order to help inform the Committee’s decisions we are gathering views on what you think our main priorities should be.
In particular, the Committee is interested in:
- hearing what you think about the Minister and Deputy Minister’s priorities for the next 12-18 months. In particular, which of these priorities the Committee should be focusing on over the next year or so; and
- hearing about any other subject you think should be prioritised over the next 12-18 months. Please set out why you think your suggested subject should be a priority for the Committee.
The closing date for submissions is Friday 10 September 2021.
How to submit your views
We prefer to receive evidence digitally and you can submit your views by email to: SeneddClimate@senedd.wales
If you cannot provide evidence digitally, please send a copy to:
Climate Change, Environment and Infrastructure Committee, Welsh Parliament, Cardiff CF99 1SN
Along with your submission, you should provide the following information:
· Your name and contact details as the person, or organisation, submitting the evidence.
· Whether your evidence is submitted as an individual, or on behalf of an organisation.
· If you are submitting evidence as an individual, confirmation that you are over 18 years old.
· If you are under 13 years old, your parent or guardian’s agreement that you can participate (this can be provided via email).
· Confirmation of whether you would prefer that your name is not published alongside your evidence (names of individuals under 18 years old will not be published).
· Confirmation of whether you would like the committee to treat any or all of your written evidence as confidential, with reasons for the request.
· If you have referred to a third party in your evidence, such as a parent, spouse or relative, confirmation that they have agreed that you can share information that may be used to identify them and that they understand that it will be published.
If you have any questions or would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
- Letter from the Minister and Deputy Minister for Climate Change on the Welsh Government’s priorities in relation to climate change, environment and infrastructure - 02 August 2021 PDF 533 KB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565