Sixth Senedd Priorities
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Friday, 23 July 2021 to Friday, 17 September 2021
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Purpose of the consultation
In order to help inform the Children, Young People and Education Committee strategic planning and forward work programme, we are asking for your views on what you think, at this stage, our main priorities should be during the Sixth Senedd (2021-2026). We are keen to start this work as soon as possible, to make sure our plans take account of your views.
We know people take a well-earned break over the summer, and many education institutions also pause for a holiday, so we will run this consultation until Friday 17 September 2021 to make sure everyone has the opportunity to contribute when they return to work. Please be aware that it may not be possible to take into account responses received after this date.
Where overlaps between committee remits exist, we will ensure that relevant issues are shared with other committees.
A key priority for us is to ensure that children and young people’s voices are heard in our work. To do this in a meaningful way, we know that we need tailored and appropriate ways of engaging. In light of that, this consultation is not aimed at children and young people. Instead, we will run activities with children and young people in the autumn to help us understand their priorities for the Sixth Senedd. We will share the findings of this work with all Senedd committees. If you are – or your child is – under 16 and interested in being involved in this activity, please email us on SeneddChildren@senedd.wales to let us know. You can also use this mail address to send us your ideas on how you would like to see us engaging with children and young people – we have lots of ideas ourselves, but we’re also interested in yours!
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
- Letter regarding seeking children and young people's priorities for the Sixth Senedd from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee to committee chairs PDF 74 KB
- CYPE SP 01 - Lisa Thompson PDF 91 KB
- CYPE SP 02 - Wales Police Schools Programme PDF 103 KB
- CYPE SP 03 - Michael McAteer PDF 92 KB
- CYPE SP 04 - Professor Maria Hinfelaar, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Wrexham Glyndwr University PDF 115 KB
- CYPE SP 05 - Dr. Sarah Witcombe-Hayes, Wales Coordinator, The Maternal Mental Health Alliance PDF 136 KB
- CYPE SP 06 - Impact School Improvement Ltd PDF 108 KB
- CYPE SP 07 - Alex Rawlin, Senior policy and government relations adviser, Construction Industry Training Board – CITB PDF 128 KB
- CYPE SP 08 - Sharon Symonds, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB) PDF 122 KB
- CYPE SP 09 - Gareth Evans, Director of Education Policy, University of Wales Trinity Saint David PDF 106 KB
- CYPE SP 10 - Sally Etchells Wragg, Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Place2Be PDF 120 KB
- CYPE SP 11 - Jerry Langford, Public Affairs Manager (Wales), The Woodland Trust PDF 97 KB
- CYPE SP 12 - Eluned Parrott, Head of Wales, Institute of Physics PDF 182 KB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Children, Young People and Education Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565