Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
Terms of reference:
The Health, Social Care and Sport Committee is calling for evidence in relation to;
The inquiry will consider the following issues in relation to carers of all ages:
· The number of carers’ assessments undertaken in Wales and how this has changed as a result of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 and whether there is variation between local authorities;
· The number of carers receiving support following a local authority assessment, including respite care, how this has changed since the Act came into force, and whether there is variation between local authorities;
· The extent to which local authorities are fulfilling their duties under the Act to provide information, advice and assistance to carers;
· Whether local authorities and Local Health Boards have sufficient information on the number and needs of carers in their areas;
· Other changes since the Act came into force which may impact on carers, for example changes to the services provided to people who are cared for;
· Broader Welsh Government policy on carers and how it should be developed.
The deadline for responses is 20 September 2018. Please send your views to: SeneddHealth@assembly.wales
Providing Written Evidence
The National Assembly for Wales has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Assembly’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in National Assembly proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Assembly’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565