Health, Social Care and
Sport Committee held a consultation to welcome your views on the
extent of the problem of suicide in Wales
Terms of reference:
Committee called for evidence about:
- The extent of the problem of suicide in Wales and
evidence for its causes - including numbers of people dying by suicide,
trends and patterns in the incidence of suicide; vulnerability of
particular groups; risk factors influencing suicidal behaviour.
- The social and economic impact of suicide.
- The effectiveness of the Welsh Government’s
approach to suicide prevention - including the suicide prevention strategy
Talk to me 2 and its impact at
the local, regional and national levels; the effectiveness of multi-agency
approaches to suicide prevention; public awareness campaigns; reducing
access to the means of suicide.
- The contribution of the range of public services to
suicide prevention, and mental health services in particular.
- The contribution of local communities and civil
society to suicide prevention.
- Other relevant Welsh Government strategies and
initiatives - for example Together
for Mental Health, data collection, policies relating to community
resilience and safety.
- Innovative approaches to suicide prevention.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that
you have considered the Assembly’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.