Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
The Cost of Caring for an Ageing Population
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Tuesday, 3 October 2017 to Wednesday, 31 January 2018
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- CCAP 01 Flintshire County Council PDF 1 MB
- CCAP 02 Royal College of Nursing Wales PDF 332 KB
- CCAP 03 Social Care Wales PDF 225 KB
- CCAP 04 Royal College of Emergency Medicine Wales PDF 278 KB
- CCAP 05 Socialist Health Association Wales PDF 275 KB
- CCAP 06 RNIB Cymru PDF 261 KB
- CCAP 07 Alzheimer's Society Cymru PDF 567 KB
- CCAP 08 Individual - Mrs X PDF 554 KB
- CCAP 09 Florence Justice Christian Residential Home PDF 152 KB
- CCAP 10 National Community Hearing Association PDF 513 KB
- CCAP 11 Age Alliance Wales PDF 252 KB
- CCAP 12 British Dietetic Association PDF 194 KB
- CCAP 13 Gerald Holtham - Hodge Professor of Regional Economics PDF 369 KB
- CCAP 14 Older People's Commissioner for Wales PDF 370 KB
- CCAP 15 Lorraine Morgan - Consultant on Ageing PDF 124 KB
- CCAP 16 Cardiff Council Social Services PDF 414 KB
- CCAP 17 Wales Public Services 2025 PDF 889 KB
- CCAP 18 Care Forum Wales PDF 454 KB
- CCAP 19 Age Cymru PDF 114 KB
- CCAP 20 Unison Wales PDF 258 KB
- CCAP 21 Welsh Local Government Association / Association of Directors of Social Services Cymru PDF 531 KB
- CCAP 22 Care and Repair PDF 271 KB
- CCAP 23 Carers Trust Wales PDF 467 KB
- CCAP 24 Welsh NHS Confederation PDF 648 KB
- Consultation Pack (English) PDF 6 MB
- Consultation Pack (Welsh) PDF 2 MB
Purpose of the consultation
The Finance Committee undertook an inquiry into the cost of caring for an ageing population.
Terms of reference
The purpose of the inquiry was to assess, in the context of the major economic and strategic challenges facing the Welsh Government in its development of policy, the financial impact of the cost of caring for an ageing population:
Invitation to contribute to the inquiry
The Committee welcomed evidence from those with an interest in this subject.
Providing Written Evidence
The National Assembly for Wales has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Assembly’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requested that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in National Assembly proceedings should be submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses have not been submitted bilingually, they have been published in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
The deadline for submissions was 31 January 2018.
Disclosure of information
Further information about how respondents’ information may be used is available at www.assembly.wales/InquiryPrivacy
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Telephone: 0300 200 6565