Decarbonisation of housing: decarbonising the private housing sector
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Monday, 4 July 2022 to Monday, 22 August 2022
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- DH2P_01 Trinity House PDF 268 KB View as HTML (1) 9 KB
- DH2P_02 Individual PDF 494 KB View as HTML (2) 15 KB
- DH2P_03 Action on Empty Homes (AEH) PDF 194 KB
- DH2P_04 Individual PDF 278 KB View as HTML (4) 3 KB
- DH2P_05 Christopher Jofeh PDF 1 MB
- DH2P_06 National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA) PDF 141 KB
- DH2P_06A National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA) PDF 633 KB View as HTML (7) 28 KB
- DH2P_07 Chartered Institute of Housing Cymru PDF 895 KB View as HTML (8) 65 KB
- DH2P_08 Calor PDF 95 KB
- DH2P_09 Care & Repair Cymru PDF 279 KB
- DH2P_10 Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) PDF 196 KB
- DH2P_11 Country Land and Business Association (CLA) Cymru PDF 406 KB View as HTML (12) 34 KB
- DH2P_12 Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Wales PDF 96 KB
- DH2P_13 Building Societies Association (BSA) PDF 630 KB View as HTML (14) 29 KB
- DH2P_14 National Energy Action (NEA) Cymru PDF 695 KB View as HTML (15) 52 KB
- DH2P_15 Sero PDF 198 KB
- DH2P_16 Community Energy Wales PDF 493 KB View as HTML (17) 28 KB
- DH2P_17 Federation of Master Builders (FMB) Cymru (Welsh only) PDF 173 KB
- DH2P_18 UK Finance PDF 255 KB
- DH2P_19 British Standards Institution (BSI) PDF 176 KB
- DH2P_20 Cwmpas PDF 506 KB View as HTML (21) 8 KB
- DH2P_21 Audit Wales PDF 151 KB
- DH2P_22 Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) PDF 746 KB View as HTML (23) 39 KB
- DH2P_23 Property Mark PDF 532 KB View as HTML (24) 27 KB
- DH2P_24 Generation Rent PDF 541 KB View as HTML (25) 30 KB
- DH2P_25 Energy Saving Trust PDF 349 KB View as HTML (26) 64 KB
- DH2P_26 UK Green Building Council PDF 2 MB
- DH2P_27 Housing Expert Panel, Welsh Heads of Environmental Health Group PDF 462 KB View as HTML (28) 24 KB
- DH2P_28 Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) PDF 704 KB
- DH2P_29 Royal Society of Architects in Wales (RSAW) PDF 698 KB
- DH2P_30 The Property Institute (TPI) PDF 709 KB View as HTML (31) 45 KB
- DH2P_31 Robert Chapman, Strategic Property Adviser and Regeneration Practitioner PDF 9 MB
- DH2P_32 Nesta PDF 677 KB View as HTML (33) 160 KB
- DH2P_33 Development Bank of Wales PDF 569 KB View as HTML (34) 43 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee (‘the Committee’) is undertaking a short piece of work focusing on decarbonising the private housing sector (i.e. the private rented and owner-occupied sectors).
Terms of Reference - the Committee will consider:
>>>the current approach to decarbonising housing in the private rented and owner occupied sectors in Wales, including the effectiveness of existing programmes and support for retrofit;
>>>the role of sector specific retrofit targets to help drive change;
>>>actions the Welsh Government should take to progress a programme of retrofit for these sectors in the short, medium and long term;
>>>the key challenges of delivering a programme of retrofit within these sectors, including financial, practical and behavioural, and action required from the Welsh Government (and its partners) to overcome them;
>>>how the right balance can be struck between influencing/incentivising home owners and private sector landlords to retrofit their properties and regulating to increase standards to drive progress;
>>>how effective the Welsh Government is influencing decisions on reserved matters to support decarbonisation of these sectors.
Invitation to contribute to the consultation
The Committee would like to invite you to submit written evidence to assist in its consideration of the inquiry. It would be helpful if you could use the above terms of reference to frame your response.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 22 August 2022.
If you wish to respond to the Committee’s consultation, email an electronic copy of your submission to SeneddClimate@senedd.wales or send by post to:
Climate Change, Environment and Infrastructure Committee,
How we use your information
We will usually publish correspondence or written evidence on our website. If you have responded in a personal capacity, your name will be published along with your contribution, unless you have asked for your contribution to be anonymised. If you have responded in a professional capacity, the published version of your response will include your name, your job title/role, if relevant, and the name of your organisation.
Before accepting contributions from individuals under 13 years old, we require authorisation from the young person’s parent or guardian. This may be provided in the form of an email from the young person’s parent or guardian. We will not publish the names of individuals under 18 years old alongside their contributions.
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565