Participation in sport in disadvantaged areas
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Monday, 7 February 2022 to Friday, 18 March 2022
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Purpose of the consultation
The Culture, Communications, Welsh Language, Sport, and International Relations Committee conducted an inquiry into participation in sport in disadvantaged areas. It considered issues affecting people in areas shown to be relatively deprived according to the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation, including the following:
- What are the main barriers to participation in sport in disadvantaged areas? How do these intersect with other factors including:
- Sex and gender,
- Socioeconomic status,
- How clear a picture do we have of current participation levels in disadvantaged areas? Does the current data enable policy interventions to be effective?
- How should public funding be used to increase participation in disadvantaged areas?
- How effective are current interventions at increasing participation in disadvantaged areas?
- Has the pandemic caused any persistent changes to participation levels in disadvantaged areas?
- How effectively do different sectors (e.g. education and health) collaborate to improve participation in sport in disadvantaged areas?
- Are there examples of best practice, both within Wales and internationally, that Wales should learn from to increase participation in sport in disadvantaged areas?
- SDA 01 - Individual PDF 131 KB
- SDA 02 - Older People’s Commissioner for Wales PDF 1 MB
- SDA 03 - Football Association Wales PDF 202 KB
- SDA 04 - Sport Wales PDF 1 MB
- SDA 05 - Cricket Wales PDF 162 KB
- SDA 06 - Sported Foundation PDF 118 KB
- SDA 07 - Colleges Wales PDF 1 MB
- SDA 08 - Welsh Local Government Association PDF 1 MB
- SDA 09 - Urdd Gobaith Cymru (Welsh only) PDF 1 MB
- SDA 10 - StreetGames PDF 1 MB
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted
- SDA 11 - Swim Wales PDF 1 MB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Culture, Communications, Welsh Language, Sport, and International Relations Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565