Exiting the European Union: Preparedness in Wales for the end of the transition period
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Monday, 29 June 2020 to Saturday, 31 October 2020
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Purpose of the consultation
In line with its remit to examine the implications for Wales of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union, the External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee undertook an inquiry into preparedness in Wales for the end of the transition period (31 December 2020).
The Committee’s aim in undertaking this work was to strengthen preparations in Wales for the end of the transition period through scrutiny of the Welsh Government, engaging with stakeholders, and highlighting Wales-specific issues.
This work covered:
· Welsh Government action to prepare Wales for the end of the transition period;
· preparedness of key economic sectors in Wales;
· the implications for preparedness arising from the negotiation of UK international agreements, including the UK-EU future relationship agreement (or agreements), other significant free trade agreements (e.g. UK-USA, UK-Japan, UK-Australia, UK-New Zealand etc.), and the Continuity Negotiations and Coordination programme (formerly referred to as the Trade Agreement Continuity Programme); and
· intra-UK intergovernmental agreements relating to the end of the transition period, including the common frameworks programme.
This list was not exhaustive, and the Committee asked for views on any aspect of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union that was affecting an organisation or sector.
Disclosure of information
Respondents were asked to ensure they had considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
- Exiting the European Union: Preparedness in Wales for the end of the transition period - October 2020 PDF 2 MB
- EUP01 Cruelty Free International [English only] PDF 68 KB
- EUP02 Arts Council Wales - Wales Arts International PDF 147 KB
- EUP03 Colleges Wales [English only] PDF 298 KB
- EUP04 Welsh Women’s Aid [English only] PDF 104 KB
- EUP05 British Veterinary Association [English only] PDF 162 KB
- EUP06 FSB Wales [English only] PDF 118 KB
- EUP07 The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry [English only] PDF 140 KB
- EUP08 Cytûn – Churches together in Wales PDF 52 KB
- EUP09 Rail Freight Group [English only] PDF 27 KB
- EUP10 Welsh NHS Confederation [English only] PDF 598 KB
- EUP11 Meat Promotion Wales [English only] PDF 45 KB
- EUP12 WLGA PDF 177 KB
- EUP13 Royal College of Nursing Wales [English Only] PDF 77 KB
- EUP14 Natural Resources Wales PDF 192 KB
- EUP15 Farmers' Union of Wales [English Only] PDF 175 KB
- EUP16 NFU Cymru [English Only] PDF 173 KB
- EUP17 Universities Wales [English Only] PDF 313 KB
- EUP18 WCVA and Wales Civil Society Forum on Brexit PDF 174 KB
- EUP19 South Wales Chamber of Comemerce [English Only] PDF 193 KB
- EUP20 Arts Council Wales / Wales Arts International PDF 80 KB