Renting Homes (Amendment) (Wales) Bill
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Thursday, 13 February 2020 to Thursday, 12 March 2020
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- RHA 01 Dr Craig Gurney PDF 234 KB View as HTML (2) 23 KB
- RHA 02 Dr Tom Simcock PDF 159 KB View as HTML (3) 62 KB
- RHA 03 Shelter Cymru PDF 303 KB View as HTML (4) 94 KB
- RHA 04 Citizen's Advice PDF 357 KB View as HTML (5) 22 KB
- RHA 05 Residential Landlords Association PDF 953 KB
- RHA 06 Crisis PDF 283 KB View as HTML (7) 37 KB
- RHA 07 Cytûn PDF 393 KB View as HTML (8) 26 KB
- RHA 08 National Union of Students PDF 1 MB
- RHA 09 ARLA | Propertymark PDF 1 MB
- RHA 10 Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) PDF 290 KB View as HTML (11) 15 KB
- RHA 10a Additional information from the Welsh Local Government Association, following cancellation of meeting on 18 March 2020 PDF 475 KB View as HTML (12) 30 KB
- RHA 11 Community Housing Cymru (CHC) PDF 332 KB View as HTML (13) 46 KB
- RHA 11a Additional information from Community Housing Cymru, following cancellation of meeting on 18 March 2020 PDF 544 KB View as HTML (14) 68 KB
- RHA 12 Chartered Institute of Housing Cymru PDF 2 MB
- RHA 12a Additional information from the Chartered Institute of Housing Cymru, following cancellation of meeting on 18 March 2020 PDF 593 KB View as HTML (16) 61 KB
- RHA 13 Tai Pawb PDF 922 KB
- RHA 13a Additional information from Tai Pawb, following cancellation of meeting on 18 March 2020 PDF 651 KB
- RHA 14 Individual 1 PDF 38 KB
- RHA 15 Vale of Glamorgan Council PDF 152 KB View as HTML (20) 21 KB
- RHA 16 The Wallich PDF 860 KB
- RHA 17 Cardiff Council PDF 1 MB
- RHA 18 CLA PDF 657 KB
- RHA 19 Generation Rent PDF 175 KB View as HTML (24) 16 KB
- RHA 20 TPAS Cymru PDF 288 KB View as HTML (25) 20 KB
- RHA 21 UK Finance PDF 166 KB View as HTML (26) 29 KB
- RHA 22 Bevan Foundation PDF 140 KB View as HTML (27) 27 KB
- RHA 23 Individual 2 PDF 118 KB View as HTML (28) 6 KB
- RHA 24 The Representative Body of the Church in Wales PDF 768 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee undertook an inquiry into the general principles of the Renting Homes (Amendment) (Wales) Bill (PDF, 165KB). Further details about the Bill and the accompanying Explanatory Memorandum (PDF, 1MB) can be found on the Bill page.
Terms of reference
The Committee’s terms of reference were to consider:
- the general principles of the Renting Homes (Amendment) (Wales) Bill and the need for legislation to deliver the stated policy intention. In coming to a view on this you may wish to consider addressing the individual sections of the Bill;
- any potential barriers to the implementation of the Bill’s provisions and whether the Bill takes account of them,
- the appropriateness of the powers in the Bill for Welsh Ministers to make subordinate legislation (as set out in Chapter 5 of Part 1 of the Explanatory Memorandum).
- whether there are any unintended consequences arising from the Bill, and
- the financial implications of the Bill (as set out in Part 2 of the Explanatory Memorandum).
In addition to the consultation, the Committee also conducted a survey aimed at landlords on the Bill.
Providing Written Evidence
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Please see guidance for those providing evidence for committees.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565