Fourth Assembly Finance Committee Legacy
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Wednesday, 4 November 2015 to Friday, 8 January 2016
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Purpose of the consultation
As we near the end of the Fourth Assembly, the Finance Committee is assessing its impact and the effectiveness of its work during this Assembly.
The Committee was established in June 2011 and its role is to carry out the functions set out in Standing Order 19. This includes consideration of the use of resources by the Assembly Commission or Welsh Ministers, and in particular reporting during the annual budget round. However, the Committee has developed a number of streams of work over the last five years which include:
The Committee will dissolve in April 2016 in anticipation of the Assembly elections, and as part of its legacy, the Committee will look back at its programme of work, highlighting areas for further scrutiny in the Fifth Assembly and suggesting ways for the next Finance Committee to effectively engage with its stakeholders.
To assist with this, the Committee would welcome your views on your experience of engaging with the Committee, including its ways of working, the work it has done, and the impact it has had. The Committee has prepared a survey.
Disclosure of Information
You can find details about how we will use your information at www.assembly.wales/help/privacy/help-inquiry-privacy.htm. Please ensure that you have considered these details carefully before submitting information to the Committee. Alternatively a hard copy of this policy can be requested by contacting the Clerk.
- Letter from Chair to Chair of Finance Wales - 13 October 2015 PDF 139 KB
- Update from Finance Wales - November 2015 PDF 382 KB
- Letter from Chair to Minister for Health and Social Services - 29 October 2015 PDF 149 KB
- Letter from Chair to Director General for Health and Social Services, Welsh Government - 29 October 2015 PDF 161 KB
- Overview of progress in implementing the National Health Service Finance (Wales) Act 2014 - November 2015 PDF 302 KB
- Letter from Chair to Minister for Finance and Government Business - 4 November 2015 PDF 155 KB
- Letter from Chair to the Permanent Secretary, Welsh Government - 4 November 2015 PDF 169 KB
- Letter from Chair to Minister for Finance and Government Business - 12 November 2015 PDF 177 KB
- Letter from Chair to Expert Advisers - 17 November 2015 PDF 167 KB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Finance Committee - Fourth Assembly
Telephone: 0300 200 6565