Inquiry into the Disqualification of Membership from the National Assembly for Wales
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Friday, 14 March 2014 to Thursday, 1 May 2014
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- DQ1 - Electoral Commission PDF 2 MB
- DQ2 - Wales Office PDF 124 KB
- DQ3 - Welsh Language Commissioner (Welsh Only) PDF 708 KB View as HTML (4) 3 KB
- DQ4 - Bridgend County Borough Council (Lawyers in Local Government) PDF 194 KB View as HTML (5) 30 KB
- DQ5 - The Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales - Democracy, Ethics and Partnership Division PDF 379 KB
- DQ6 - Keith Bush QC PDF 98 KB View as HTML (7) 62 KB
- DQ7 - Nortridge Perrott, Member of the Public PDF 490 KB View as HTML (8) 22 KB
- DQ8 - Peter Black AM PDF 143 KB View as HTML (9) 14 KB
- DQ9 - Emyr Roberts, Chief Executive, Natural Resources Wales PDF 105 KB View as HTML (10) 13 KB
- DQ10 - William Powell AM PDF 240 KB
- DQ10A - William Powell AM - Supplementary Evidence PDF 214 KB View as HTML (12) 7 KB
- DQ11 - Russell George AM PDF 263 KB
- DQ11A - Russell George AM - Supplementary Evidence PDF 213 KB View as HTML (14) 6 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee has agreed to undertake an inquiry into the Disqualification of Membership from the National Assembly for Wales and is consulting on specific issues.
The Committee is undertaking the inquiry following a request from the First Minister. The Committee’s report will inform the Welsh Government’s consideration of the content of the next National Assembly for Wales Disqualification Order, which will need to be made prior to the next Assembly elections in May 2016.The terms of reference for the inquiry are to:
- the principles underpinning the disqualifying posts and employments contained in the National Assembly for Wales (Disqualification) Order 2010 and, so far as possible, to recommend a new list of disqualifying posts and employments;
- the timing of when disqualifications take effect; and
- whether Disqualification Orders should be made by Privy Council in bilingual form.
- any other matters relating to disqualification from being an Assembly Member.
The consultation is open until 1 May 2014. Further information and details on how to respond can be found in the consultation letter.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
P Gareth Williams
Telephone: 029 2089 8008