Procedure for Dealing with Complaints against Members of the Senedd - January 2022
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Wednesday, 19 January 2022 to Monday, 21 February 2022
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- 1. Natasha Ashgar MS (English only) PDF 47 KB
- 2. Commissioner for Standards PDF 163 KB
- 3. Welsh Labour group (English only) PDF 152 KB
- 4. FDA Wales PDF 185 KB
- 5. Chair of the Committee on Standards in Public Life (English only) PDF 148 KB
- 6. Acting Ethical Standards Commissioner (English only) PDF 178 KB
- 7. Public Services Ombudsman for Wales PDF 152 KB
- 8. Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards (English only) PDF 88 KB
- 9. Public Affairs Cymru (English only) PDF 37 KB
- 10. Welsh Conservative group (English only) PDF 67 KB
- 11. Plaid Cymru group (English only) PDF 79 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Committee is responsible for establishing and laying before the Senedd procedures for the investigation of complaints under Standing Order 22.2(i). The Committee agreed to consider the existing procedure (PDF 200KB) and consider whether it remained fit for purpose as it first substantive piece of work in the Sixth Senedd.
This consultation sets out the Committee’s consideration of the existing procedure and proposals for change. The Committee has formulated a redrafted procedure (PDF 6MB) (View as HTML 6 MB) in light of the experiences of the fifth Senedd. The redrafted procedure is aimed at providing an idea of how the procedure may look rather than being definitive.
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
- Consultation: Procedure for Dealing with Complaints against Members of the Senedd - January 2022 PDF 649 KB View as HTML (1) 175 KB
- Procedure for Dealing with Complaints against Members of the Senedd - May 2020 PDF 200 KB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Standards of Conduct Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565