Inquiry into medical recruitment
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Thursday, 6 October 2016 to Friday, 18 November 2016
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- MR 01 Phil Jones PDF 21 KB View as HTML (1) 10 KB
- MR 02 Dr Adam Dallmann PDF 19 KB View as HTML (2) 17 KB
- MR 03 Dr Geraint Morris PDF 21 KB View as HTML (3) 11 KB
- MR 04 Andrew Davies PDF 17 KB View as HTML (4) 7 KB
- MR 05 Royal College of Nursing Wales PDF 27 KB View as HTML (5) 13 KB
- MR 06 Wales Deanery PDF 71 KB View as HTML (6) 59 KB
- MR 07 Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh PDF 58 KB View as HTML (7) 23 KB
- MR 08 Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health PDF 80 KB View as HTML (8) 40 KB
- MR 09 Royal College of General Practitioners PDF 27 KB
- MR 10 Age Cymru PDF 91 KB View as HTML (10) 25 KB
- MR 11 Dr Kate Gower Thomas BSc, MB BCh, FRCR PDF 56 KB View as HTML (11) 23 KB
- MR 12 Aneurin Bevan University Health Board PDF 74 KB View as HTML (12) 24 KB
- MR 13 Cardiff University School of Medicine PDF 36 KB View as HTML (13) 20 KB
- MR 14 Royal College of Physicians PDF 52 KB View as HTML (14) 37 KB
- MR 14 Royal College of Physicians Annex PDF 734 KB
- MR 15 Royal College of Emergency Medicine Wales PDF 88 KB View as HTML (16) 86 KB
- MR 16 Awen Iorwerth (Welsh only) PDF 30 KB View as HTML (17) 28 KB
- MR 17 Public Health Wales PDF 55 KB View as HTML (18) 24 KB
- MR 18 Royal Pharmaceutical Society PDF 25 KB View as HTML (19) 13 KB
- MR 19 Bliss PDF 560 KB View as HTML (20) 33 KB
- MR 20 British Medical Association (Wales) PDF 90 KB View as HTML (21) 46 KB
- MR 20A British Medical Association (Wales) Supplementary PDF 1 MB
- MR 21 Welsh NHS Confederation and NHS Wales Employers PDF 127 KB View as HTML (23) 117 KB
- MR 22 Royal College of Psychiatrists PDF 47 KB View as HTML (24) 33 KB
- MR 23 Royal College of Surgeons PDF 515 KB
- MR 24 Dr Toby Wells PDF 345 KB View as HTML (26) 59 KB
- MR 25 Royal College of Radiologists PDF 656 KB View as HTML (27) 26 KB
- MR 26 Dr Sarah Bodey PDF 239 KB View as HTML (28) 25 KB
- MR 27 Dr Linda Dykes PDF 10 MB
- MR 28 Dr Heidi Phillips PDF 840 KB
- MR 29 Cardiff University and the All Wales School of Emergency Medicine PDF 476 KB
- MR 30 Higher Education Funding Council for Wales PDF 269 KB View as HTML (32) 45 KB
- MR 30 Higher Education Funding Council for Wales Annex PDF 148 KB
- MR 31 Swansea University PDF 299 KB View as HTML (34) 27 KB
- MR 31A Swansea University Supplementary PDF 584 KB View as HTML (35) 34 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Health, Social Care and Sport Committee received your views on any or all of the following points:
- The capacity of the medical workforce to meet future population needs, in the context of changes to the delivery of services and the development of new models of care.
- The implications of Brexit for the medical workforce.
- The factors that influence the recruitment and retention of doctors, including any particular issues in certain specialties or geographic areas.
- The development and delivery of medical recruitment campaigns, including the extent to which relevant stakeholders are involved, and learning from previous campaigns and good practice elsewhere.
- The extent to which recruitment processes/practices are joined-up, deliver value for money and ensure a sustainable medical workforce.
Submissions should be no longer than five sides of A4, with numbered paragraphs, and should focus on matters set out above. Please see guidance for those providing evidence for committees.
The deadline for responses was 18 November 2016.
The Committee welcomes contributions in English or Welsh, and we ask organisations with Welsh Language policies/schemes to provide bilingual responses, where applicable, in line with their public information policies.
Disclosure of Information
You can find further details about how we will use your information at www.assembly.wales/InquiryPrivacy. Please ensure that you have considered these details carefully before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565